Our Services and Charges to Landlords
Cotson Reddish & Partners are proud to be the oldest established Estate Agent in Saltaire having provided a Landlord Management service to our Landlords for over 40years. We are members of Propertymark and registered with The Property Ombudsman.
- Visit your home, discuss the merits of furnished/unfurnished letting and suggest and agree a monthly rental figure.
- Obtain a suitable tenant(s) and obtain references, through the company "LetAlliance" who carry out intensive credit checks on the applicant.
- Prepare an inventory of the property contents.
- Prepare an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement of 6 months duration, thereafter, calendar monthly.
- Install the tenant(s) in the property, taking them through the Agreement and inventory, copies to be forwarded to you.
- Collect from the tenant(s) one month's rent in advance plus the Bond, usually a sum of £50 greater than the monthly rental.
- Pay into the agreed Bank/Building Society the rental sum, net of our commission charge The ONLY MONTHLY charge is 10% +VAT (Equivalent to 12%)
- The only other charge made by ourselves is a fee of £240 (incl. VAT) which covers the costs associated with the setting up of a new tenancy. This includes the finding and credit referencing of a suitable tenant, processing and issuing a new Lease and protecting the tenant's Bond. This charge will be deducted from the first month's rent.
- To inspect your property on a regular basis, to ensure its clean state and condition and to report and discuss any issues with you.
- Cotson Reddish & Partners reserve the right to instruct the necessary tradespeople in respect of repairs, which may otherwise lead to material damage to the property, or to the satety of the tenant(s). Non-urgent repairs would always be sanctioned by you before a tradesperson was instructed. You are obviously free to appoint your own tradespeople to deal with any works, provided they contact us to arrange access to your property'. Please note, if you do appoint your own tradespeople, a Gas Safe certificated engineer MUST be used to carry out works to any gas appliances in the property in order to not invalidate the Gas Safety Certificate — see (a) below.
In addition to the above we would require:
- A Gas Safety Certificate (if applicable) which can be arranged for you, this being an annual inspection carried out by a Gas Safe certificated engineer.
- An Electrical Safety Inspection Certificate, carried out by your own electrician, or by one of our choice which is renewable every 5 years.
- A copy of the Landlords Insurance policy for buildings.
- Government legislation requires an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for your property. This certificate is valid for 10 years and can be carried out by a qualified inspector provided by you or we can arrange.
- It is the responsibility of all landlords to undertake a risk assessment to prevent the spread of the Legionella bacteria, which can be found in a property's water systems and can lead to Legionnaires' disease if inhaled.
We advise that Landlords should adopt a ‘practical and proportionate approach to health & safety compliance.
Please ask for further information on any issues if unsure.
All Bonds have to be protected by Law.
We are registered with the Tenancy Deposit Service (TDS) and Bonds are protected under the Client Money Protection Scheme which is part of Propertymark conduct and membership rules of which we are members. Our CLIENT MONEY PROTECTION CERTIFICATE is displayed on our website.